PDA

View Full Version : Gray Treefrog

Steve Maxson
08-20-2009, 11:21 AM
This young Gray Treefrog is about 1 inch in length. They often sit motionless on a leaf where they blend in very well. These frogs can also change to a gray color (thus, their name) depending upon their surroundings. 40D, Canon 180mm macro, 1/20, f/16, ISO 400, tripod, cable release, natural light. Comments are welcome.

Dave Mills
08-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Steve, Nice comp,lighting and sharpness. If this were mine I would either crop or clone out the shadow area in the upper right. If possible, I would shoot the subject at a lower angle.

Stephen Stephen
08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Steve, nice image of an amphibian I'm still struggling to find and photograph. People tell me that once you find one or two you learn what to look for.

Anyway I agree with Dave about liking a lower angle but I would leave the dark are inteh frame beacuase I beleive that it's leaf's edge.

Roman Kurywczak
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Steve,
Very nice with the natural light but will agree with Dave on the lower angle.I do like the diagonal presentation and am still amazed at the 1/20 SS....must have been very still as it looks very sharp!

Julie Kenward
08-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes, a lower angle would definitely give you a better sense of eye contact but I wonder about a slight boost in contrast as the image feels a tiny bit flat to me.