PDA

View Full Version : theme, Drakes Bay cliffs "curly"

Dan Brown
08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Color shifts with Hue/Sat, Selective color, and some other stuff (I got kinda lost?) Added TopazClean2 curly to a big file and then again to the "save for web" resize. C&C welcome.

Kerry Perkins
08-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi Dan, nice composition and color treatment! I really like the movement that you got from Clean. Just might have to bite the bullet and get that one too... Really like the placement of the boat and the complementing foliage in the ULC. Looks like it could use a bit of CCW rotation?

denise ippolito
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Dan, I like the treatment and the sailboat looks cool! If it were mine I would crop out the sky, then you would have 3 layers. I do see the movement Kerry is referring to and it looks great!!

Indranil Sircar
08-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Dan, this is really an excellent composition. The image stands out by itself with those beautiful curves and the boat. Excellent treatment!

Dave Mills
08-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Hi Dan, I think Kerry and Denise have some good suggestions. The filter gives a pleasing look to the image and i like your use of color. I also like the placement of the boat within the image...

Fabs Forns
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM
You probably used the TMLTLAN filter (too many layers too late at night) :)
Very nice results, Dan. I like your signature.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
CCW brother! :) Otherwise very imaginative work. I like how I can still see the choppy whitecaps on the surface of the sea. Nice colors and Topaz is a bit too topaz for me, but it does look curly indeed. Agree on boat position with Mr. Mills and I also like the dark shadowy area on the other ROT intersecting point diagonally up from the boat so my eyes keep going back and forth and all around.

Fabs should add that TMLTLAN to the acronym list. Maybe someday we can make comments in a few acronyms instead of typing a Tolstoy novel like I just did. :)

Congrats mate, great work. :)

Cheryl Slechta
08-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Really nice Dan. I'd like to see almost all of the sky cropped with just a bit of blue showing between the hills.
I love the motion that the curls add to it.:)

________
Cheryl