PDA

View Full Version : Assignment - Macro - Framed Butterfly

Harold Davis
08-19-2009, 04:55 PM
another one from the fruit and spice park last friday. the color/temperature/saturation has not been altered. only some tonal contrast.

D300, Sigma 150, f/4.5, 1/3200s, 0EV, ISO 800

thanks for looking. comments and critiques much appreciated.

Richard Waas
08-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Harold, the butterfly is awesome. I think the yellow flower draws my eye away. I love the tips of the antennae. The color of the background is fabulous with the butterfly. Congrats.....

Gus Cobos
08-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi Doctor,
I like the capture, the butterfly is placed just right in frame...two suggestions...I would take out the OOF flower in the background and lighten the over all image just slightly...try that and see how it looks to you...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
08-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Awesome Flutterby MR H - love the BG and the colours - I too would remove the OOF flower.
Nice one!!

Alfred Forns
08-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi Harold You sure came up with lots of keeper the other day !!! Proud of you !!!

Love the position and overall sharpness ... the sweet bg puts it over the top !!!

Ron Boisvert
08-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi Harold, I think you nailed this one. The butterfly is as good as it gets - it's nearly perfectly sharp all over and that's often hard to do with them. I love the background color - it complements the butterfly's colors so well. As for the OOF flower, take it out and compare the two. I personally dont' think you can go wrong either way. Nice job!! Living out here in the desert and seeing your fruit and spice park images is making me jealous.;)

Harold Davis
08-20-2009, 04:51 AM
OK, i broke down and evicted the flower. i didnt agree with the idea. brought the wife in and she even agreed with you guys. so i took it out. then she said, no it doesnt look right without it now. it was a good idea, but the flower has to stay!!!!

thanks everyone for your comments. much appreciated!!

Jackie Schuknecht
08-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Nice colours and sharpness Harold, just find my eye going to the daisy in the BG. Good exposure and colours on the butterfly.

Bob Miller
08-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Harold....This is a beautiful shot. The bfly just seems to be glowing! I really think you should take out the oof flower but hey its your image! Love it !

denise ippolito
08-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Beautiful Harold! Just saw this, very nice composition and I like the details!! Looks like a great exposure. The oof flower is icing!!!