Canon EOS 400D
EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM lens
1/2000
f/10
ISO 400

Roman Kurywczak
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Chris,
Welcome to the forum! Well....this is very interesting!!!.....I don't often find myself liking images w/o a strong focal point....although some may consider the sun and god rays as such.....but the sky here is a landscapers dream!!!.....if only I could produce this on demand!!! Ideally, I would have preferred that you composed this off center....preferrably with the sun on one of the ROT lines....but I still find myself liking this very much even with some elements lacking.....because the sky is so dramatic and you have definitely conveyed the sense of being there! You have a very nice seascape/cloudscape....but I do feel you can tweak the rays a bit more to put this up a notch more. I do realize that you have lost some in compression.....but pop those rays and this will really shine!

Kaushik Balakumar
08-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Liked this image for the drama in the sky and especially those burst of rays from behind the clouds.

Kobus Tollig
08-20-2009, 08:50 AM
ditto Roman here. Also have a question...is the FG and Sky one shot or did you put them together....?
Well done on this and welcome to the forum. Hope to see many more from you.

Chris Sloan
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
It's all one shot, although I did increase the saturation in the sky in post. I am going to play around with it based on the feedback; this is cropped from a larger image so I have some options on how to redo it.

denise ippolito
08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Chris, Really dramatic sky, I like the blue peeking thru the clouds and the band of gold tones. I think the rays are great but they could pop more as noted. Well done.

Chris Sloan
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
So how would I go about making the rays pop more? I am going to re-process this one to address comments but that's the one that I am not quite sure how to implement.

Kobus Tollig
08-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Thx for that.