PDA

View Full Version : DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Senzatimore
08-19-2009, 09:48 AM
I hope I can get a answer to this problem so here it is:
Whenever I view an image in Nikon View the thumbnails all look fine , but when I click on one image to view it larger the color seems to go flat and washed out. This also happens when I view images in Bridge ,ACR and when opened in CS3. While in CS3 I go to VIEW>Proof and in the drop down menu I click on "Monitor RGB" and this brings all the proper color back. The same thing happens weather I use my PC or my laptop. I usually keep both at the same settings so I;m guessing it's something I have done by mistake , but don't know what. I sure hope I can get an answer as it is very difficult to edit this way. I shhot all my images in RAW and the color space on my camers is RGB.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance.

Rocky Sharwell
08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
This is just a guess from a Canon shooter....

I am wondering if when you are looking at the smaller image--that looks better--you are looking at a jpg which shows the results of whatever in camera setting you have for contrast and saturation and that when you go to look at the larger image you are seeing the raw image which is not affected by the in camera setting.

Hopefully, one of the Nikon shooters can answer for sure...

Joe Senzatimore
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Rocky but I don't think thats it. On rare occasions I'll shoot JPEGS and get the samr results.

Alfred Forns
08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Joe you got a mismatch somewhere

When you are in NV and click for a larger image is a new thumbnail being generated? is there settings you can check?

In PS check your preferences and see the color space you have set up

Randy Stout
09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Joe:

Since you seem to have the same problem with all your imaging programs, hard to image that they are the problem. Did you update firmware or make any other in camera adjustments recently? Even if it shouldn't effect the colorspace, it sure sounds like that is the problem.

Randy