08-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Black Kite (Milvus migrans)
Camera : Nikon D300
Lens : Nikkor 80-400D F-4.5/5.6 ED VR
Exposure : 1/640sec @ 250mm
Aperture : f/6.3
ISO Rating : 500
Captured On : Aug 01 2009, 12:22 pm

I know its very busy bg but i just got my interest in the mood set here when the kite landed and shown her anger towards the egret to get off from the place with full wing open and a big shout.

Nothing clone or touch up in this image except one round NR selective.

Feel free for C&C

Axel Hildebrandt
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
The interaction and pose is great. Is this full frame and are the birds being fed there? Looks like a war zone. :)

I might try to selectively sharpen the egret.

Mital Patel
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
yes Axel this is full frame though i reduce the Focal on 250mm and it was no point reducing as this was the huge farm of carcasses. and there were almost 150+kites sitting near by my car.

Kiran Poonacha
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Sure looks like a war zone, like the open bill pose and the wing spread , the eye looks over done bhai...

Axel Hildebrandt
08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
yes Axel this is full frame though i reduce the Focal on 250mm and it was no point reducing as this was the huge farm of carcasses. and there were almost 150+kites sitting near by my car.

Thanks, although I'm still a bit puzzled why there are so many carcasses at this farm.

Mital Patel
08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
i've nothing done specially on the eye except to open up shadows which opened the eyelids. but yes it looks bit overdone. will correct it soon.

Mital Patel
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks, although I'm still a bit puzzled why there are so many carcasses at this farm.

well this is the place where people collect all the diseased animal's and try to cure but unable to cure lead them to kill the cow / camel or buffalo or any other animal to reduce the virus spreading and then they take out the leather and use in some things dont know what exactly. And this organization run's under government watch.

Stu Bowie
08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
" Dont anyone touch my food " screams the kite.
" No we wont " says the meek egret.
I like the threatening pose from the kite, and good show of outspread wings.

Jokes aside, surely that place must smell quite badly Mital.

Mital Patel
08-19-2009, 12:45 PM
it was terrible stuart but work comes first and i've spent almost 1*1/2 hour on the same place all car window open and 15 minutes out from car sitting on the ground no jokes. :)

been there few times so now am habitual to the smell provided i am getting nice poses from kite right now and soon in winter i'll have steppe eagle, greater spotted eagle, egyptian vulture and white back vulture's there at the party joining me :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-19-2009, 07:24 PM
That's it brother, I am on my way to India. :D Looks like a great spot for Raptors and I bet they are not that shy there at all! Make the most of the opportunities! :)

Like the screaming warning pose very much! :) Thanks for sharing bhai!

Mital Patel
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
You are most welcome Akos bhai. It would be pleasure to accompany you and show the places.