View Full Version : Aerial Display

Daniel Belasco
08-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Snowy Egret
canon 1dMKIIN 500mm f4 lens w/1.4 @1/1250 sec f6.3 iso 400

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yzusqr&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Kiran Poonacha
08-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Great action, pose, expo and details, loved it.. the OOF grass distracts a lot, still loved it... congrats...

Graham Smith.
08-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Great action capture Daniel, and nice exposure of the whites.
I might try to clean up the OOF grass, particularly where it intersects with the bird. Perhaps a little CCW rotation and NR on the BG would be helpful too.

Dean Ingwersen
08-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Really love the action here, but agree with previous comments. As it is presented the image is quite noisy, needs a little rotation, and the grass that touches the head just takes away from the action. The feet seem slightly sharper than the head too - selective sharpening would do the trick quite easily here I think.

cheers Dean

Daniel Cadieux
08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
All good comments from above (of which I agree). On the plus side you got a very dynamic and fun pose from this hunting egret, and the exposure seems spot on.

Daniel Belasco
08-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks guys for all your comments.
I think the image is level. As you can see the egret isn't coming in for a landing, but is hopping up and down scarring fish for dinner.
I liked the OOF reeds in the foreground as I thought it helped make the images and offsets the reeds in the upper left. My only problems was the OOF area in the upper right as I didn't know what to do about it. Eliminating it would unbalance the image, but it draws too much attention as it is.