08-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Canon 1D Mark III
70-200mm f/2.8 L
ISO 100
1/50 sec. at f/11
Tripod w/ flash +1/3

Julie Kenward
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Nicely done, Michael, although I think you could take it even more to the dramatic side with a curves adjustment. I like the comp on this - not too tight and some of the surrounding plants add a nice touch. I might consider cloning out the dead part on the left side of the flower but only if you're okay with that.

denise ippolito
08-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Mike, I agree you could tone this down a bit. I like your composition and details! Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey Mike,
At least i know the last name now!!!....not far off mine! what happened to f29??? I agree with Jules and Denise.....try a reverse s-curve to tone down some of the contrast B4 any other proceesing....will help a lot. Comp wise you nailed this and what Jules thought was a dead leaf on the LH side is possily the shell of a DF....cause I have it in a few of my pix......easy digital removal if you are OK with that.....I like the fact you can see the stem under water...so in any future PP work...make sure you don't lose it. Nice job on the comp and anything else is just a tweak.

Stephen Stephen
08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Nice composition image here Michael. I also like the way that the water tension appears along the leaf edge and at the base of the flower stem.

Dave Mills
08-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Michael, I came in late but agree with previous comments. Both color and comp are well handled!

Michael Zajac
08-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Hey Mike,
At least i know the last name now!!!....not far off mine! what happened to f29??? I agree with Jules and Denise.....try a reverse s-curve to tone down some of the contrast B4 any other proceesing....will help a lot. Comp wise you nailed this and what Jules thought was a dead leaf on the LH side is possily the shell of a DF....cause I have it in a few of my pix......easy digital removal if you are OK with that.....I like the fact you can see the stem under water...so in any future PP work...make sure you don't lose it. Nice job on the comp and anything else is just a tweak.

Roman, Thanks again for all your help. This was taken at the beginning of the day. In have more.
It looks darker on my monitor