PDA

View Full Version : Hiding

Mike Fuhr
08-17-2009, 06:21 PM
I stumbled onto this guy -- always wanted to get a neat silhouette of a frog or something like this. I wish there was better/more light -- there wasn't that much and it was a bit windy. I took a few shots and then waited for more separation of the head and front foot. Unfortunately, some clouds were rolling in. After a few moments of cloud cover, the sun came back out and he had moved on, a surprise to me! Anyway, c and c welcome...

D300
100-300 F/4
195 mm
F/6.3
1/320
ISO 1000

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey Mike,
I was going to suggest more DOF but I see you mentioned the wind.....so tough call there. I like the placment of the gecko in the frame so my only other recommendation for the future is to see if you can move a bit more parallel to the subject...this may have helped with the DOF falloff and also try to see how slow you can go....never know!...going to 1/200 would have put you at f8....may have been the final touch. Nicely composed otherwise in a tough situation.

Alfred Forns
08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Great suggestions by Roman and all you needed was for the guy to be in a better shape plant !!! Do like it a lot !!!

Julie Kenward
08-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I really like it, too, Mike! I think you did a great job on waiting for the hands/feet to all be in a good position so all are highly visible. Agree with Roman that a little better angle a bit more DOF would have helped but I really like it as is, too!

Stephen Stephen
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice capture here Mike. You're concept was great especially when faced with the wind, clouds and other obstacles.