PDA

View Full Version : Assignment - Macro - As Dead as Yesterday

Harold Davis
08-17-2009, 02:39 PM
this is a zinnia that is bright orange and i have worked on it several times to try to get out of it what i was looking for. i think i'm close, but not sure if i'm finished. any ideas? i've tried some contrast and worked in curves, but always end up back here.

D300, Sigma 150, f/4, 1/250s, ISO 400, flash fill. i converted it to b&w in silver efex pro. i then added some other effects in color efex pro, including some warmth for the tone you see.

thanks for looking. comments and critiques much appreciated.

Lance Peters
08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Mr H - I often find that the simple/easy thing that you first start with is often the best, at the start seems to be when your creative vision is often at its best.

Love the feel to this - not sure about the URHC as it is the brighest part of the image my eye gets drawn straight there.

Gus Cobos
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Well done Doctor...I like this as is, no more, no less...the composition, image and capture angle is superb...good show...:cool:

Cheryl Slechta
08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Harold - I love this just the way it is. I like the lighter URHC - it seems to be the source of the illumination
of the center of the flower so it doesn't bother me at all.:)

_________
Cheryl

Nick Palmieri
08-17-2009, 07:37 PM
I like it as presented. I think the brightness in the URHC appears to be lighting up the flower.

Christopher Miller
08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi Harold, Like the comp and tones. Personally I think it could use just a little lightening in the center of the flower and maybe some darkening on the URC.

Oscar Zangroniz
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Love the soft feel and the tones H. You're starting to compete with our friend Gus with these macros

Desmond Chan
08-17-2009, 08:51 PM
It definitely looks better than the one you've posted somewhere else, Harold.

Alfred Forns
08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Looking great Harold Love the feel

Would try to make the light from the UR reach the flower, as it is seems to be disconnected !!!! .. your brain is really cooking Big Congrats !!!

Jeff Cashdollar
08-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I love the black & white colors. The effect boarders on an abstract which is fantastic. You are close, keep tweaking and sharing. Great to see photography and vision meet to create dynamic impact and unique composition.

I love the use of light, stay with it - well done.

Harold Davis
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
thanks everyone for your comments. al, i think you nailed it on the head!! now see how close i got. after trying a couple of things i see exactly what you were talking about.

Alfred Forns
08-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I like it Now the light seems to be hitting he flower so the bright spot is just fine. Imagine there is no ending to the light fine tuning !!! Great !!!

Christopher Miller
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Repost looks good to me, Harold! You've done a great job on this!