PDA

View Full Version : White-faced Ibis

Paul Kusmin
08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2489/3816991898_2cef9750f2_o.jpg

Here is another shot from the Salton Sea.
It was early afternoon and we were shooting from the vehicle w/ bean bag mount.
I've never gotten as close to this species as I did that day!

Exposure: 1/1250
Aperture: f4
Focal Length: 500mm
ISO: 250
Exposure Bias: -4/3 EV
Flash: no flash

Thanks for looking :)

Daniel Cadieux
08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Congrats on getting so close :-) The low angle is surprising considering this is taken from a vehicule, and I like the various colours of the plumage you managed to capture. You've done best you could despite the strong harsh light - but notice the heavy shadows causing blocked details in some areas.

Matt Vosniak
08-17-2009, 05:23 PM
This is very nice Paul. I really like the bits of soil on the end of the bill and the sheen you were able to pick up in the birds wing. If this was mine I would try and clone out the little weed below the birds rump as it is a little distracting.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Angle, eye contact and walking pose look good. I would try to get more details in the shadows and give it a bit more space at the top.

Judd Patterson
08-17-2009, 11:30 PM
As others have mentioned, this image has a lot going for it...nice raised foot, good close-up with lots details, etc. It's just the somewhat harsh light on a very complicated background that introduce elements that compete for my eye's attention. As Axel mentions, you may be able to fill in a few of the shadows and create a little less contrast in that background.

Stu Bowie
08-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Lovely looking Ibis, and I like the colours on him. Super low angle, and love the raised leg. If anything, I would move him to the left a bit.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Agreed with the suggestions. All valid. :) I like the pose and congratulations for getting this close. Just wish you had better light, but I would also have taken the image. Thanks for sharing.