PDA

View Full Version : Red Hibiscus

Joe Senzatimore
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
These are growing in a garden at the area where I was shooting Goldfinch. Glad I had some macro equipment with me as I was able to spend some time on them when I was done with the birds.
1000ISO f22 at 1/15th

Mike Moats
08-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey Joe, really like the composition and well done on the details and colors.

denise ippolito
08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Joe, I like the composition and the details look good!!

Steve Maxson
08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Striking colors, excellent comp, and good detail throughout. Well done Joe.

Ramesh Adkoli
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Excellent color, composition and sharpness, Joe. I was surprised by the DOF at such closeup. What lens did you use? Is it a full frame or crop of the original image? Including those water droplets added to the image. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Beautiful, everyone else already said everything I would of said, great job:)

Julie Kenward
08-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Joe, we do appreciate you listing the camera body, lens, and any special equipment that you use to make your images - this helps us all better understand how you created the final image. (Please see the posting instructions at the top of the forum for more information.)

Beautiful reds - you did well not to oversaturate them. The comp is extremely interesting - you got a great angle on the stamen/pistol. I have to say I'm not a big fan of the water drops unless they are large and really sharp so for me I'd probably clone those two small ones out.

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey Joe,
pretty good job on the DOF...as these are some of the toughest to get on the same plane to maximize the sharpness.....I will agree with Jules on the water drops.....need to be more pronounced to be keepers....the comp is realy nice as the petals form a nice x shape and the grenery in between is nicely muted....as Jules mentioned...not oversaturated at all and very natural looking. Glad to see the "LI boys" venturing out of the bird mode.....nicely done with a tough subject and considering the 1/15 sec. exposure....I only try that indoors!!! Nice job.

Charles Wesley
08-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Joe,

I'm hot for this photo. It's a most excellent composition. Love the many diagonals and tonalities.
Keep the water drops in this photo. It has tons of emotional appeal to me. Love the total close up here.

Thanks for sharing...