PDA

View Full Version : White Bellied Drongo

Harshad Barve
08-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Dear all
made this with D300, 600mm, ISO 400, F5.6, 1/100 beanbag
not the best but how often we see this Jungle drongo :)
all C & C welcome & much appreciated
Harshad

Dave Barnes
08-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Good to see a different bird, we only get the black drongo here. The feather detail and colour of the bird looks good and I like the eye contact and BG, but the OOF perch does distract from the eye IMHO. you also have a halo from sharpening that should be sorted in PP.

Daniel Cadieux
08-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Too bad the perch is curving up in front of the bird as you had a very nice pose here. Vertical is the natural crop of choice for this type of bird shape and pose...did you go vertical in-camera or is it cropped from horizontal? I see the sharpening halo, but also what appears as a thicker S/H (or other PP tool) halo.

Stu Bowie
08-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I like the exposure and detail, and you have the perfect comp. I agree with the evidence of the halo, and I would blend in the BG LLC to eliminate the darker area.

Chris Kotze
08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Ditto the slight halo. Lovely bird and super colours and BG.

David Fletcher
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Agree with observations made Harshad. Love the detail in the blacks and the head angle. TFS

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Great looking bird Harshadbhai. I agree the perch is in the wrong place mate, perhaps not a lot you could have done in time to still catch the bird from a different angle - IOW take what you can get at all times, especially if it's rare or a new species in your collection. Halo can easily be fixed. TFS. :)

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Harshad, very nice capture. I like the black details. Exposure is perfect. I have seen this bird many times (many yrs back of course) but never realised how strong & stocky that beak is until now.

KD