PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox

Bob Miller
08-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Nikon D-300
70-200mm
ISo 400
1/400 sec at f8

I know i clipped the tail but was wondering about head angle, saturation , and composition. All comments welcome! Thanks!

Desmond Chan
08-17-2009, 12:45 AM
I think head angle is all right. The right front leg is kissing the frame though. Saturation looks ok on my monitor. Exposure looks ok given that the light is from the left side of the photo but the right side of the fox's face still looks very good. My own preference would be I would tone down those blown highlights even though they're not that a big part of the image. Overall composition-wise I think the top could be cropped a bit. And I think it would be better if you could take this photo from a lower perspective.

Hmmm...I don't I like it looking at me with those eye.

OvidiuCavasdan
08-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Difficult light angle , but I think you did very well. Like how he is focusing on something. I like the colors!
Agree about a lower angle.

Lance Peters
08-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Not bad considering the light angle - HA looks OK to me as well.
Front foot is cut a tad and the tail - I think a lower shooting angle would have really put this over the top.
Looking forward to seeing more ;)

Gus Cobos
08-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi Bob,
Exposure is good considering the harsh light angle, agree on a lower capture angle and more room at the bottom for the feet, also might add that the poor thing has a cut tail...:eek::D would have liked to have seen the full tail in all it's glory...:) Looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Christopher Miller
08-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Except for the tail and front foot, everything looks fine to me. How close were you to this fox?

Harold Davis
08-17-2009, 03:02 PM
i think if you had included more of the habitat, this would be much stronger. great job with the exposure and details. the fox's eye looks great.

Cheryl Slechta
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Bob, there's a lot to like here. I love the warm glow of the colors and think the image is nice and sharp. Agree about the tail and foot. Nice job:)

Alfred Forns
08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Bob Great suggestions !!!

Sure wish you could have zoomed out for more room !!! Tech wise might have gone with wider opening for blurring the bg more Great find and capture !!!

Bob Miller
08-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for all the comments! I will crop the top. I could not do much about the angle as i had to shoot fast before he disappeared.

BillTyler
08-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I really like the light angle because of the highlight it gives to the hair. Framing something like this perfectly usually means losing the shot because wild mammals don't stick around very long.

Bill

Jackie Schuknecht
08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Might just sharpen the eyes a bit more Bill. Colours and exposure look good. Lucky you to be so close.