PDA

View Full Version : One Sleepy Morning

Ashutosh Sinha
08-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Spec : Canon 40D, 400mm f/5.6L lens, F5.6, ISO 800, 1/500s.

Not sure if I should post it in Landscape or Wildlife forum or may be both :).

Ramesh Adkoli
08-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Ashutosh, this image more than makes up as a landscape image. I liked the blue cast, low contrast and the bird perched on the RHS hillock. It would have been great if the bird were on ROT. The sky has some noise, could be due to high ISO. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Paul Burgess
08-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I like the wave action and the mood a lot. Good composition too.

Rich Ikerd
08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
That's a bunch of seals there. Good composition Ashutosh but I think the post-processing needs a bit of tweaking. I think it could use an increase in contrast and there seems to be a slight halo around the rocks (artifact from shadow/highlight recovery?). The horizon also needs to be leveled (about 1 deg CW).

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Ashutosh,
It definitely fits here but I do agree with Rich that you have some PP issues. You definitely need a CW rotation (use the distant water horizon as a guide) and the halo around the rock appears to be from an agressive shadow /highlight application....or improper blurring of a layer mask......relatively easy fixes....I'll also agree with Ramesh that you would have benefiited from putting the rock formation more right....in the ROT position or maybe even going and putting it on the L ROT position to include more of the wave action....but not sure what was on that side......so if it was clean and only water.....this may have been an option. definitely go back and try a bit of re-work on this one.....Robert has some great tutorials at the top of the landscape forum tiled Contrast and tonal range tweaks.....check them out and give them a try. Looking forward to more of you posts!