PDA

View Full Version : Dawn - Blowing Rocks - Jupiter Island

Michael Pancier
08-16-2009, 09:00 PM
It was a blast leading Al and Fabs through the sand. Right at Dawn we had some nice colors which faded fast. This was the first pic of the day for me...20 minutes before sunrise.

5d Mark II
Canon 17-40L @ 17mm
ISO 200
f/14
3.2 Second Exposure
3 stop NDG Filter

Ramesh Adkoli
08-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Beautiful colors create the dawn mood nicely, Michael. First, i thought it was a HDR and then i saw the SS and GND filter usage. This combination has given a soft feel to it. I would have loved the shadows on the rocks opened up a bit. IMO, they are little too dark. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Kobus Tollig
08-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Ditto Above. Also looks like your lens or filter was not clean...see some marks in middel...maybe im dreaming..
Still nice shot well done

Morkel Erasmus
08-17-2009, 04:46 AM
another ditto on Ramesh's remarks. would like the rocks a tad sharper and slightly more exposed. lovely colours, water movement and comp here. I also see the dust bunnies...:)

Rich Ikerd
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Beautiful colors Michael but I think the slightly oof (or blurred from mist from an incoming wave - do waves get that big in south Florida?) detracts a bit. The exposure for the rocks is just about perfect though, reflecting the warm colors of the sunrise. Gotta visit there one of these days.

Michael Pancier
08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Beautiful colors Michael but I think the slightly oof (or blurred from mist from an incoming wave - do waves get that big in south Florida?) detracts a bit. The exposure for the rocks is just about perfect though, reflecting the warm colors of the sunrise. Gotta visit there one of these days.
This beach has pretty big waves especially Saturday with the tropical system and it was misty too.

Roman Kurywczak
08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
He Michael,
Agree with above.....could have been soft from a # of culprits.......it does look like the split was a hair low and darkened the LH rocks a bit too much. Question;....Did you focus on the FG rocks or was it too dark to see? I was going to recommend more DOF....but if it was windy....maybe ISO 400 and a 1.6 sec exposure would have been more prudent.