PDA

View Full Version : Berg Lake

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2009, 11:39 AM
This lake is high on my must return list. It is called Berg Lake and is located in Mount Robson Provincial Park about a 13 mile hike each way. Tough but....the view is second to none. I did have lousy weather the entire time with just a few small breaks. Next time I will spend a week!
Original slide..... so the only specs I have are an EOS 3 camera and E100VS film. 90% sure used a polariser and split ND filter. I almost always shoot my landscapes at f22....lowest I usually ever go is f16.
Thanks to Dave Mills I am able to scan some of my landscape stuff!....My nikon scanner is busted again an won't scan on Vista 64 anyway.....figures... it's the only Nikon equipment I own.

Rene Quenneville
08-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Beautiful image. Well composed.
Looking at the little spot of blue sky, I am pretty sure you had a polarizer.
I wish you had just a little more room over the mountain top.

Morkel Erasmus
08-16-2009, 03:57 PM
very moody image and certainly makes me want to go there as well Roman! like the way the mountaintop disappears in the clouds.

Ramesh Adkoli
08-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Beautiful place, Roman and the image captures the mood well. I liked the whites on the mountain tops. The image looks a bit soft to me, may be the scan and compression took their toll. I felt it might need teeny bit CW rotation. It is definitely a place worth visiting again. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Kobus Tollig
08-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Like this well done. Some blown areas but its fine for me and comp works

Richard Lovison
08-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Beautiful image Roman. 13 mile hike in? Yikes! The longest hike for my wife and I was a 2 1/2 hour uphill climb (we climbed Mt. Greylock a couple years back when the access road was closed). It was a cold October morning and by the time we got to the top it was even colder. Didn't spend much time photographing only to have take another 2 hours to descend.

Rich Ikerd
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice image Roman of a beautiful locale Roman. Really like the placement of the descending glacier and the wispy clouds. Saw the trail for this hike on a visit To Mr. Robson a couple of years ago and had a fleeting interest in making it until I discovered the distance. Not for the faint of heart or those that don't like to camp in the wilderness. Thanks for sharing since I've always wondered what was at the end of that trail.

denise ippolito
08-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Roman, It's stunning and I can see why you want to return. The best vistas in life are worth the trip.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Wonderful spot and great capture Roman. It does appear to require just a tiny CW rotation indeed, though it could well be the shore getting closer to you on the LHS of frame. Anyway, that's just the perception I have of the shoreline. Love the placement of those two peaks and the glacier is just pure magic. We all live for vistas like this. Thanks for sharing mate. :)

On a different note I wonder why they don't just change the brand name to Nik-off. :D Has a much better ring to it AFAIABWC.

Pete Zwiers
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Living just down the road in Prince George, I manage to get up to Berg Lake about once per year in May or June. This past June we had to plow through a lot of snow, but it was an amazing day by the lake with clear blue skies. Great photo of a special area!