PDA

View Full Version : Orchid

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Taken at Longwood Gardens in the arboretum.....BG's are tough to get clean. This BG is a wall that has some mold/moss growing on it.....and was far enough away from bloom to go muted. I also love the fact that I can push the Mark lll to high ISO's with just a bit of noise clean up.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro at f14 and 1/100 sec and the MT 24 Twin lights at +2/3 and ISO 1600 hand held. Noise NInja run on DGreen BG.

Joe Senzatimore
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Sometimes a bullseye comp. works , and this is one of those times. I think it could even be cropped a bit tighter. Love the light and color. Detail aint bad either.

Ed Vatza
08-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Ah yes, the trials and tribulations of shooting inside at Longwood. Very tough. The background looks great. And so does the orchid. But I will run in the opposite direction of Joe. It feels way too tight to me on the top and bottom. Maybe its just me.

denise ippolito
08-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Roman, I like the tight comp. and the BG really makes this pop. The lighting looks great!!

Julie Kenward
08-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Talk about a close crop!!! Sheesh!!! :D:eek::D

For my taste, I'd want a sliver more on the bottom. He feels a bit tight there to me.

Lovely lighting on this again, Roman. If there had been any way to include the sweep of stem in the BG that would have possibly taken this right over the top for me.

Brandy Katzen
08-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I like it as is. The symmetry is perfect. The space balances just right. THe flower seems to float off the background and surge forward to be wonderfully "in your face".

denise ippolito
08-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Brandy, Thankyou very much. I appreciate the feedback.