PDA

View Full Version : WaterScape!

Ramesh Adkoli
08-16-2009, 03:21 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/3825041379_0677c79cd2_o.jpg

Reflection of sky and couple of trees makes a nice landscape painting. Probably this is true watercolor!

I went to a rock hill called Savandurga, 65KM from Bangalore. Instead of climbing the rocks, i spent most of my time taking photographs around a lake at the foothills. This is one of them. Appreciate your views and comments.

EXIF: D700, 70-200mmL @105mm, 1/100s, f/8, ISO 100, hand held, morning, Aperture Priority
PP: Levels, curves, color adjustments, cropped a bit on RHS

regards,
ramesh

Julie Kenward
08-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Ramesh, I love these kind of watercolor abstracts. If this were mine, I think it'd crop a bit off the top (bring the frame down to the edge of the trees on the right side) to help fill the frame a bit more. I also believe if you had gotten a lower angle you might have been able to get the shadows on the left side to stretch out further in the frame, leaving a little less empty space. It would be just another way to go...

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Ramesh,
These are interesting but difficult to pull off effectively. I might go with an even tighter crop on the top to eliminate the space and Julie's recommendation for in the field is very good. My big recommendation is to re-visit this with more dramatic/colorful light.....this will add another dimension because as presented.....it looks a little flat. You may be able to pull some up with a levels or curves adjustment......but bolder/more dramatic colors and light will surely make this natural watercolor pop.

Ramesh Adkoli
08-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Julie, Roman, thanks a lot for your comments and inputs. Julie, i had cropped a bit from the top and stopped at the edge of the cloud. Now looking at it, cropping to to edge of the tree would have been better. Lower angle...interesting... something to try next time.

Roman, this water was a bit muddy due to recent rains and still i could get the blues of the sky. A clearer water would have probably given more depth to it. Agree, this is a bit flat.

Thanks again for very useful inputs.

regards,
ramesh