PDA

View Full Version : Mt Greylock State Park at Sunset

Richard Lovison
08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/mtgreylock.jpg
© reserved 2009, Richard Lovison

Took a drive to the top of Mount Greylock as they just reopened the road to traffic this year. Incredibly peaceful place after dark and I found it difficult to leave.

Olympus E-3
ZD 14-54mm @ 54mm
manual exposure - 1.3 sec at f8
ISO 100
tripod

Dave Mills
08-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Richard, Well constructed composition. I like how the image flows. My eye goes from the dominant tree than moves to the smaller tree on the right and then to the layered mountains. I see detail in a part of the mountains fading to a silouette. The sky is a pleasing pink with the right amount showing. It's a comp that holds my interest.

Roman Kurywczak
08-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey Richard,
Very nicely composed.....simple... with just the right amount of base and sky. I did look at this in PS to try and bring out a bit more depth to the layers.....but when it opened there.....much different look to it and it had much more depth......so works for me as presented! Nicely done!

Rene Quenneville
08-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Well balanced and pleasing. I love the tones. Beautiful!

David Kennedy
08-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi, Richard,
One thing I would suggest is that by lowering your perspective--moving the tripod down just an inch or two--would have made the second branch from the top (on the left side of the dominant tree) "pop" much more against the pink sky, rather than intersecting into the blue layer of the mountain as it does now.