PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Intuos 3 Tablets..

Rocky Sharwell
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I am debating what size of Wacom Tablet to get---The 6x11 strikes me as being the size I want--I work off a wide screen monitor--and the next size in wide format--12x19 is obscenely large. What do others think?

Thanks
Rocky

Pete Woods
01-02-2008, 08:35 AM
I have the A5 Wide which is a great tool. Overall size is 16"x10"

Ideal match for my 22" Wide Screen and desk space

Bob Ettinger
01-02-2008, 09:20 AM
That is about the right size, anything larger takes up too much desk space

Steve Metildi
01-03-2008, 03:10 AM
Rocky, I had the 6"x11" wide Intuos and really didn't like it--I decided a good mouse was more than enough. I ended up selling it on eBAY after about six months of use. I'm sure others will swear by them.

Steve

Ed Okie
04-08-2008, 10:36 AM
[quote=Rocky Sharwell;2612]I am debating what size of Wacom Tablet to get---The 6x11 strikes me as being the size I want--I work off a wide screen monitor--and the next size in wide format--12x19 is obscenely large. What do others think?

I, too, have wondered about Wacom Intuos3 Tablet use as it applies to BPN type of photography. Is tablet-use functional and practical, as measured against the standard mouse with PhotoShop CS3? A true enhancement... or just another toy to clutter the desk?
How does tablet size relate to monitor size? (24" Eizo CG widescreen in my case).
Or is a tablet, per se, primarily oriented to the dedicated artist/painter, or full-time graphic artist?
Function and ease of use is the objective. Photography is the pursuit and prime enjoyment, not spending even more hours in front of a computer.

Jim Poor
04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
The tablet makes precise work a lot easier than any mouse could ever be. If you don't do a lot of really detailed selections, cloning, etc, then you can probably get by with the mouse alone.

Alfred Forns
04-08-2008, 11:15 AM
The larger the better Sees easier to use The one advice I can give you is to make sure you will be using it !!!! Takes a little getting used to but they are great !!!!

Rocky Sharwell
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I have the 6x11 which I like so far--I have not used it as much qaqs i should as I have been concentrating on my switch to Mac and getting my digital images organized.

Ed Okie
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM
"....and getting my digital images organized."
Rocky, when you accomplish that goal - tell all of us the secret! It's never-ending; even the best laid plans of mice and men... the digital image file is an elusive subject - what inevitably starts out as "a great idea/method" always seems to come up short eventually. Then there's the sheer number of digital images we're now dealing with... about the only thing I can say that was better "in the good ol' days" of film - we shot far, far less.
Progress has a price.

Rocky Sharwell
04-09-2008, 08:04 AM
"....and getting my digital images organized."
Rocky, when you accomplish that goal - tell all of us the secret! It's never-ending; even the best laid plans of mice and men... the digital image file is an elusive subject - what inevitably starts out as "a great idea/method" always seems to come up short eventually. Then there's the sheer number of digital images we're now dealing with... about the only thing I can say that was better "in the good ol' days" of film - we shot far, far less.
Progress has a price.

Ed,

One thing I have been doing is going back to older folders and doing a complete re-edit. I am trying to edit like Artie--keeping only really good images. Lightroom while not perfect is a big help for me in keeping things organized...