PDA

View Full Version : Monotropa uniflora...

Nicolas Frève
08-14-2009, 08:46 PM
...also known as the Ghost Plant, Indian Pipe, or Corpse Plant.

http://www.pbase.com/nicolasfreve/image/116064196.jpg

NIKON D300, Nikkor 200mm f/4 micro, R1C1 flash kit.

<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="1" width="450"><tbody><tr><td class="lid" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Time</td><td class="lid" align="left">1/60 sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Aperture</td><td class="lid" align="left">f/14</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">ISO Equivalent</td><td class="lid" align="left">640</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thanks for looking.:)

Roman Kurywczak
08-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Nicolas,
The little plants are tough....as it is difficult to get very good seperation between the stalks.....you did a pretty good job there but it does get a little jumbled at the tops......you did very well with the exposure and placing the group nicely in the frame.....very nice low angle also leading to a very pleasing BG....you did well with a very difficult subject.

Julie Kenward
08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I'd have to agree with Roman - I think you did as well as you could considering where these guys like to live! I do think a touch more contrast to pop the whites a little bit more might be nice but only if it still looks realistic to you.

You might also play around with blurring the middle and upper areas of the BG a bit by either toning them down further or adding more gaussian blur to those areas. They aren't bad but I think you could get them less obtrusive if you played a bit more with the image.

Thanks for a neat view of this plant and way to go at getting a head on angle to such a low to the ground plant!