PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Little Drop

Christopher Miller
08-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Took this after a light rain shower. This tiny, perfectly round drop was on a pansy flower. Would like your opinions on how the whites look and about the composition. Any C&C are welcome!

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f4.5 @ 1/100, ISO 100
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, auto WB
Processed in PS CS2; cropped, curves adjustment, selective color to remove slight color cast in whites, noise reduction, and a little cloning on the BG

Gus Cobos
08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I actually like this Chris...to me it looks like a glass marble going down a snow covered mountain...the whites look good, within the color range, with a cotton candy twist...:D:):cool:

Alfred Forns
08-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Might just get a little of the bottom Chris Different and way cool !!!!

Gail Spitler
08-15-2009, 09:21 AM
In terms of composition I agree with Al's suggestion to crop a bit off the bottom. In fact, I might take a bunch off the bottom and make this into a horizontal image (almost pano). It is an appealing image - fun to try to find the "best" composition. The allusion to a ball rolling down a snow bank is a good one.
Well done
Gail

denise ippolito
08-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Christopher, I really, really like this one. I'd crop a little way down from the dark spot on right edge of frame-which I would also evict along w/ the small brown spot on left. Really interesting look and does look like a snowbank!!Great eye for this!!!

Harold Davis
08-15-2009, 10:52 AM
agree with denise's crop suggestion. the whites look great to me. and the drop looks like it's getting ready to roll down hill. neat image!

Jackie Schuknecht
08-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Christopher, I think this is beautiful in its simplicity. I am trying to figure how the drop is staying there.:) Thought the whites maybe had a bit of a blue cast and I brightened them a bit. Don't know how it actually looked to you, I am just giving you ideas. Also agree with Denise about the brown spot. Minor points though, very nice shot.

Lance Peters
08-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi Chris - way cool - love the drop of water - agree with the cropping suggestions :)

Christopher Miller
08-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. Much appreciated!

Bob Miller
08-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Chris....love the image...whites look fine to me....I agree with cropping some off the bottom and taking care of the brown spot...Congrats on this one!