PDA

View Full Version : Water Lily

Nick Palmieri
08-14-2009, 07:31 PM
CanonEOS 40D, 70-200mm at 135, f/2.8, 1/125, fill flash - 1 1/3 with diffuser. In the Lily Pond at Longwood Gardens in PA. Got to spend a great day with my photography mentors and after an hour or two of "photography overload" got some great images.

denise ippolito
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Nick, Looks really nice and the black BG is great. Really makes the lily pop. Details look very nice.Looks like you guys had a great day!!

Dave Mills
08-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey Nick, IMO one of your best flower images. The color,black backround,water drops and soft lighting make the image a winner. The stems are very important since they anchor the flower and flow nicely as a diagonal. Good job!!

Roman Kurywczak
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Nick,
Glad to see you nailed it! The leafcoming out of the corner adds just the right touch compositionally and the colors are right on. You may want to try selecting out the whitish leaf at the 2 o'clock position.......yes I know it was that color.......but adding blue in selective color will make it closer in tone to the rest of the lilly.....just something for you to try out and it doesn't affect the overall appeal of the image. Very nicely done.

Julie Kenward
08-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Wowee, that's a humdinger! Love the intensity of the color against the black BG but the stem coming into the image is really terrific because you then realize how dimensional this whole thing is.

Fantastic crispness to the image and the waterdrops are very well captured. The stealer of the show here, though, is the lighting - it's so soft and diffused but everything is perfectly lit up. Really strong image!

Joe Senzatimore
08-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I just love water lilys , and this is one of the best I have seen in a while. Looks like its on fire. Great capture.