PDA

View Full Version : Stained Glass Hibiscus

Roman Kurywczak
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
This was also from Longwood Gardens in the conservatory. They beed and hybridize the plants.....and this one is spectacular! I did the entire flower but prefer this close up more.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT24 twin lights at +2/3 and ISO 1600 and f29 and 1/60 sec. hand held.....hence the ISO 1600.......noise ninja used in PP'ing.......but not sure it was actually necessary.

denise ippolito
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
You're right -Spectacular is the word!! I love the edges. The colors are fantastic and I haven't seen this hybrid before so TFS.

Dave Mills
08-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Roman, Great capture! The range of colors,comp and image depth makes for an enormous impact. The curls in the petal edges also add another dimension to the image.Well done!

Richard Lovison
08-15-2009, 06:11 AM
I think I'm overloading on critiquing. :) When I'm especially moved by a photograph, I'm not sure I can interpret my feelings with words any longer without repeating the same pattern of "beautiful composition, love the colors, beautiful light" etc.. Why do I like this image? I'm not sure why, though I know when I look at it, it's difficult to take my eyes off of it. Sometimes Roman, I love how you "see" things.

Julie Kenward
08-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Richard, I think the title says it all - it's because the flower is so unique and so beautifully captured that it really does look more like stained glass than a flower! Beautiful lighting, Roman and what a fantastic speciment this is. I've never seen anything like this one. It's your comp and exposure, though, that bring this beauty to life...it's truly one of a kind!

Joe Senzatimore
08-15-2009, 11:19 AM
One sweet image roman. Color and detail are magnificent.