08-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Dear all
Made this image with D300, 600mm, 400 ISO , F 6.3, 1/80 secs
This is one of most colorful bird of India
All commnets & critiques are welcome
Harshad

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh Gosh, Brother, this is GOOD!! What a stunning species of bird! I could only ask for the head to be parallel to the sensor plane so you could have the tip and shrimp a little sharper. Or for you to have been parallel with the perch as you see it soften toward the LHS. Also, lighten the eye a little perhaps. Bhai, I REALLY love this. TFS so much. :)

Rohan Kamath
08-13-2009, 11:48 PM
this is such a rare and difficult species that I'm not even gonna bother being critical on the image. It does not get better than this one...
:D

arash_hazeghi
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Harshad,
This photo is really amazing, colors are simply stunning detail and sharpness is excellent, you managed with such a slow shutter speed (I assume rock solid tripod + remote release). The only minor distraction that I see is the OOF branch in the upper right which can be cloned out easily. This is the photo of the week IMO.

Harshad Barve
08-14-2009, 12:15 AM
@ Akosbhai , agreed on crtiques and I welcome them most, Here is repost with slight eye correction

@ Rohan, Thanks a ton

@ Aarsh, here is repost, How it looks now

Tony Whitehead
08-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I love kingfishers and this one is a beauty, Harshad. Superb job with the DOF - must have been tempted to go wide open with the low light but you managed well at 1/80.

arash_hazeghi
08-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Harshad, love the repost! Excellent, I love this bird :)

Randy Smith
08-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Beautiful, he so colorful it almost hurts to look him. I love the lucky light spot in the background behind the crab also, if it ended up any place else it might have been a small hinderance. Good tip on aligning up perpendicular to the branch before the shot.

Let me ask you guys, would you do a slight dodge around the eye lid to bring it up just a smidgen, or would you leave it alone?

I like though, but as they would say in film school, go back and get the branch sharp, do over. just kidding, wonderful site.

Stu Bowie
08-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Harshad, your best todate. Brilliant IQ, and you have exposed the colours very well. Overall pin sharp, and his catch a bonus. Congrats on an outstanding image.

Sinh Nhut Nguyen
08-14-2009, 02:44 AM
A very nice image, I like the colors and the action, for my taste I would like it to be a little brighter.

Chris Kotze
08-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Stunning colours. Excellent colours and a nice pose and catch. Super Image

Simon Bennett
08-14-2009, 04:43 AM
Wonderful capture and bird. Amazing colours.

Krijn Trimbos
08-14-2009, 04:44 AM
A gorgeous Kingfisher species, cool action, nice prey item and good HT of the Kingfisher itself although not ideal for the prey item as now it lacks focus as Akos pointed out. The colours are amazing! If this were mine I would give it a bit more room all around! Otherwise excellent.

Ajit Huilgol
08-14-2009, 06:45 AM
What a beauty, Harshad! Just can't get any better than this, especially for this species! And you got one with a catch as well! One can't ask for anything better!

denise ippolito
08-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Harshad, Beautiful capture and well done! Really nice details, colors and pose!!

Indranil Sircar
08-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Stunning colors, Harshad! Absolutely gorgeous. Your very best.

Where did you take this image?

Doug Brown
08-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Stunning colors! Excellent pose and sharpness. I wish only for more DOF, but it doesn't look like you had a lot of wiggle room; bumping your ISO would have allowed you to stop down a bit and that may have brought lunch into focus.

Harshad Barve
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Dear All
Thank you so much for commnets ,

Subharghya
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
My Favourite King and You have got an Ultimate Closeup of this Jewel !! Man This is Tooo Good !!

Chris van Rooyen
08-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Fantastic posture and spectacular species! I would consider slightly lightening the eyelids just to emphasise the eye a tad more, and remove the dark spot at the edge of the frame on the right (as you did in the repost). But what an image!

Fabs Forns
08-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Very impressive image, Harshad, not much more to add.

David Fletcher
08-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Outstanding shot Harshad Bhai! Fare took my breath away! Take my hat off to you Sir!

Keith Bauer
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
This just jumps off the screen. Great colors, great pose. I don't mind the slightly out of focus lunch. I don't need it completely sharp to see what's happening. The bird alone make this image very special. Very nice.

Joerg Rockenberger
08-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow. Fantastic colors and detail. Prefer the repost which has the dark spot on the right removed. Too bad that the food is OOF. I think giving it a bit more room would have improved this incredible image even more.

Congrats, JR

PS: On second look the highlight on its bill could be toned down.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Harshad...huge congrats. You posted it a couple of days too early. Would have been the perfect post for India's independence day (15th aug) :-). If you have a stunning peacock image, tonight wud be the time to post it.

This rocks big time. I have seen this bird only once. I wonder how this bugger manages to get away from predators.

Steve Zamek
08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
This image simply takes my breath away. I can't stop staring at that beautiful bird and your perfect capture of it. Although I usually love seeing a bird with prey, this time I find that it distracts somewhat from the incredible beauty of the bird, especially given that it is so bright. If it were my shot (I can only wish!), I would consider trying to darken the prey item just a bit so that it isn't quite so prominent.

Connie Mier
08-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Harshad, congratulations, this is superb.