PDA

View Full Version : Water Lily

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Went to Longwood Gardens in PA today with a few frineds......2+ hours of traffic getting down and 3+ coming back......thought it was going to be a washout as it was pouring this morning but I did get a good chance with the orchids and the numerous water lillies. They add a black dye to the water to make the man made enclosures more pond like.
Canon 1D Mark 3 with the Sigma 180mmm macro hand held and the mt24 twin lights at 0 and f29 for 1/100 sec. and ISO 800. Bright overcast. The varieties were amazing.

Fabs Forns
08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
That is one stunning Lily!!! The detail in the flower is impressive and great to get the black BG.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-14-2009, 07:35 AM
This is beautiful, the colors outstanding, purple is my favorite color, but i love the whole pic. Great job:)

Nick Palmieri
08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Like that you left the other one in the lower corner. Very nice.

Julie Kenward
08-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Black dye in the water? You lucky dog!!! It sure makes for a dramatic presentation.

Only small thought I have for improvement would be to see a bit more of the single leaf on the righthand side. Did you try to bring that up in levels at all?

Roman Kurywczak
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Only small thought I have for improvement would be to see a bit more of the single leaf on the righthand side. Did you try to bring that up in levels at all?[/quote]

Hey Jules,
Not sure why....but I lost a hint of reflection of the bud and some detail in the darker part of the leaf during compression.....usually doesn't happen......will make it brighter a bit next time and see what happens.