I talk like a person
And do much, much more

I am your friend for life
Your companion in need
I will be loyal to you
You can bet on it! Indeed

denise ippolito
08-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Akos, This is so cute! I love the image and the expression. Very nicely written.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks for looking Denise. I do appreciate your kind words. :) I love these cockatoos. Such characters, they make me laugh! (or cry when they bite, like he did when he bit my left ear!) :D

Dave Mills
08-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey Akos,I'm assuming he is your pet by the relationship your phrasing. Nice image accompaning your words.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey Akos,I'm assuming he is your pet by the relationship your phrasing. Nice image accompaning your words.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your kind words.
No, not my pet, but a couple's about my age. They live a few miles away and take Bubby (a Red-tailed Black Cockatoo - about AUD2,000-3,000 to buy) for a walk each day. He gets to fly free and mingle with other parrots at will and comes back to his mom and dad as they walk along. He is so cute and massive! I also know another one, a female called Copernicus, who was rescued by our Wildlife Rescue organization and could not be released as it was tame and not in the right area obviously, because these are from Western Australia, about 2,500 miles away.

Julie Kenward
08-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Nice photo, Akos. For me, the poem could use a little more work in rhyme and cadence but it sure did make me smile!

Lance Warley
08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
You nailed it, Akos.

This is exactly what Bubby would say. Thinking of changing your name? LOL

Great work.