PDA

View Full Version : Leading to the Aspens

Dave Mills
08-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Shot this in California a few years back. A situation when I saw the colored trees I walked around for 10 minutes trying to find a usable composition
Nikon D200,24-120 lense,F22,1/30,polariser,-1/3 comp iso 200,tripod mtd

Julie Kenward
08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Okay, either my eyes are really tired (entirely possible) or something's wrong with the resolution of this image. Does it seem "fuzzy" to anyone else?

I like the composition - the rocks leading into the tree line is really nice and the blue sky against the yellow trees is a humdinger but I cannot get over the fact that it feels out of whack somehow.

Dave Mills
08-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually nothing is wrong with your eyes Jules. I accidentally posted this image with a mild filter applied that softened the image just enough for you to notice. My eyes have a problem and didn't notice it.

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey Dave,
Glad to see my eyes weren't going too! I think I would prefer the sharper version better......so if you find it....post it below for comparison. Do like the comp though and the way the rocks lead us to the trees and mountains.

Gerald_Gilligan
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey Dave,
I like your composition here...
Were was this taken? Aspendell ? or in that vicinity...

Jerry

Ed Cordes
08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Nice comp and colors. I like the large rock in the FG. Detail mentioned.

Dave Mills
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Gerald, this was taken outside of Bishop in the eastern Sierras.

Morkel Erasmus
08-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Hi Dave
another vote for a tad more sharpness but love the composition here. The yellow spot on the stone suggests to the eye what's to follow - those lovely yellow trees, and that contrasts nicely with the blue sky. I also like the V-shaped mountains very much, with interesting clouds too.

Kobus Tollig
08-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Im going the other way and say that the rocks are to big and for me they are distracting. I like the trees and the exposure in bg but comp does not work for me sorry. My eyes keep jumping between the yellow and the rocks

Julie Kenward
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Oh thank goodness...I just didn't think this had the sharpness of your other images and I thought after a day of reading engineering reports on wastewater treatment plants my eyes had all but gone!

Fabs Forns
08-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Besides the mentioned fuzziness, Id like for the foreground to go a bit darker as not to take attention away from the colorful trees.