PDA

View Full Version : Snail Kite

Anne Bellenger
01-02-2008, 08:22 AM
At Fred's Fish Camp, Lake Marion FL

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Welcome to BPN, Anne. This seems to be a very nice image but it is very small. Could you replace it with one 750 pixels in length?

Anne Bellenger
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Not sure how to replace it. The large size is on my web site. I can post a link.

Lana Hays
01-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Welcome, Anne
You may not be able to replace it for 24 hours, but I'm not sure. However, you could post the link for now.

Anne Bellenger
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Welcome, Anne
You may not be able to replace it for 24 hours, but I'm not sure. However, you could post the link for now.
http://www.pbase.com/anneb74/image/31061264
This is the link. I'm really confused.
Anne

Jim Neiger
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Anne,

Welcome to BPN.

I tried to add a dynamic link to your image on your pbase website so that the large version would appear in your original post, but it seems that the pbase site is preventing this. I was able to get it to work with an image from my website, so I'm fairly sure pbase is the culprit.

If you like, you can download your large image from your website to your computer and then create a new thread here adding the large version as an attachment the way you did with the small one. If you do that, the new thread should be the way you want it. If you use the same image we will overlook the one image post per 24 hr rule this time. Please let me know if you continue to have problems. I hope this helps.

Lana Hays
01-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Anne
I'm new to all this myself so I apologize if I've confused you. The guidelines state that you can have "one image within a post"....and of course only one post per forum in 24 hours. I don't think that you can delete your original image and replace it with the larger one or post a second one. I'll have to get some clarification. In the meantime, the link you posted works just fine and I'll spend a little more time viewing it when I get a chance.

Jim Neiger
01-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Again Anne,

I was so focused on heling with your posting issue that I forgot to comment on your image. You did well to capture this beautiful female Snail Kite with her meal. The Snail Kites are the rarest bird of prey in North America, so being able to photograph them is a rare privilage. You may want to consider cropping some from the bottom to get rid of the whitewashed portion of the post and also to draw less attention to the man made perch. If it were my image, I would clone out the radio antenna protruding from her back. The leg bands I can go either way on.