Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 640
AF mode: One-shot AF
Drive: Single frame shooting
Self-timer: 2 secs
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off
Came back from a trip to Namibia and about 200km from the South African Border on Monday i got this. Im really happy about it.
All C&C welcome

Morkel Erasmus
08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
let me be the first to say this is splendid shot my friend!!! captures the essence of the Nama Karoo country which you drove through - love the jutted rock kopjes and yellow semi-desert savannah around it. the road snakes through it nicely and your downward view on the scene is very refreshing.

I want one against my wall! :)

David Thomasson
08-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Very pleasing composition. I especially like the play of light and shadow on the mountain.

Colors are a bit drab because the posted image has an AdobeRGB profile embedded. In addition to converting to sRGB, I darkened the foreground and slightly brightened the blue behind the mountain.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6357/namibia.jpg

Julie Kenward
08-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice repost, Dave. I thought the same thing - that the foreground was washed out compared to the mountains and that the whole thing could use just a boost of contrast.

Kobus, for me, it's a bit too much road in the FG. I think you could significantly cut back on it and still see the road leading to the mountain. IMO it would make for a stronger composition.

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi Kobus,
As I don't normally like roads in images.....this one is one of the exceptions.....I like the way it leads me through the frame to the mountains. I was going to recommend just bringing out the mountains by getting some of the brighter tips some more pop....and Davids does seem to do that....just not sure I like the road quite as dark....but that's up to you. Nice job with the light and comp.

Kobus Tollig
08-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Thx all for the comments and suggestions. I like my version more and decided that i would add only some contrast and sats

David Thomasson
08-14-2009, 07:40 AM
You really should convert to sRGB for posting. Quite a color improvement over AdobeRGB.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/396/rgbcompare.jpg

Kobus Tollig
08-14-2009, 09:37 AM
i see what you say David Thx appreciate it

Roman Kurywczak
08-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi Kobus,
I always save in sRGB....but never saw the difference as presented by David either! Quite a difference! Thanks David!

Fabs Forns
08-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Great repost by David, as usual, thanks for showing the differences.
Kobus, I love the idea except for the fact that the road is broken by the dip in the foreground. It would take it over the top if we could ride the road without that interruption. TFS :)

Kobus Tollig
08-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Thx Fabs appreciate it