PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Creek #3

Rich Ikerd
08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Annise Falls along Sweet Creek, Mapleton, Oregon
D2X, 24-70mm @ 48mm, f11 @ 1/2 second, iso 200

Third in a series of images taken along the Sweet Creek outside of Florence, Oregon. Previous image comments have noted the level of green saturation and I just want to point out that in this image, the master saturation level has actually been lowered about 20%.

Dave Mills
08-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Rich, I like how you handled the image. Good comp by not centering the falls and showing(in this case) the total falls. Nice grain in the water and pleasing color. I like the foliage coming up from the bottom. It doesn't really interfere with the base and adds something to it. Well done!

Julie Kenward
08-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I agree with Dave - I think your comp is right on. I am glad you said something about the saturation - I'd probably have asked you about it! As it is, I think you're right on the edge but in a good way. Well done!

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey Rich,
I like the comp but feel it may be a bit too softlacking definition in the water overall.....this may have been one of those times that a faster SS may have lessened some of the milkiness.....especailly on the upper falls....as they are losing some fine definition. Could also be that it was lost in the smaller vert presentation we restrict it to or even in the compression ....so all in all nicely composed.

Fabs Forns
08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Very nice waterfall, Rich, nice wet, rich colors. I used Nik Color Effex Pro "Darken/Lighten center to place a darker border and lighter center as a way to keep the eye inside the picture.
Hope you like it.

Rich Ikerd
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Subtle changes but they give a good effect Fabs. I'll have to try this with some of my other images as well. Thanks of the tip.