PDA

View Full Version : Impala Ram, Kruger National Park

David Steele
02-08-2008, 07:25 AM
This handsome male impala was photographed during my last visit to the Kruger Park in South Africa. It was at the end of the rainy season with animals widespread and not dependent on water holes . . . and lots of grass to hide them from view. But it was a good time nevertheless. Although very common in the park, impala are always a joy to see and photograph.

Camera: Canon 1Ds Mk II.
Lens: Canon EF 70-200 mm L @ 155 mm.
1/160 sec, F5.6, ISO 200.

D. Robert Franz
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Fine comp with the eye placement at the upper left PP. Impala is on a diagonal plane in the frame which works nicely. Might need a bit more sharpening. BG is pretty well controled, a few bright patches in the sky but not to bad.. Well done.....

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Robert's critique is right on. The branch growing out of the back is bothersome but it is their habitat - you did well and made a LOT of sense out of a confusing background.

Nice work.

Cindy Cone
02-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Very nice composition, David. I think this is a great image to show off all the identifying marks of the male impala - those wonderful curved horns and the "111" stripes on the rump. I agree - they are always a joy to see and photograph.