PDA

View Full Version : Image in progress

Alfred Forns
08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Image from Bosque del Apache which I consider in progress. Have a group of them but haven't decided on a final processing look, this one is fairly out of the camera with only slight curves adjustment.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DsMk2
600 f4.0 IS
f 16.0 1/640sec
Av + 1/3
ISO 640

Gus Cobos
08-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Actually it looks good right out of the camera...perhaps a little more contrast would be the order of the day...I like the feel...:):cool:

Christopher Miller
08-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Very nice scene, Al. I'm envious :D! Like the colors and feel. The flying birds are a nice touch. Personally I don't like the bright grass heads in the BG, would tone them down. Not sure if it could use some CW rotation as well? Agree on maybe a tad more contrast. Well done!

Harold Davis
08-13-2009, 04:50 PM
incredible pic with tons of possibilities. depends on tastes, totally!

are you asking for reposts?:D

Ron Boisvert
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Al, What a nice shot, and I know where you were too. I don't think that lighting lasts for very long. The birds in flight are excellent, and I love the whole scene. If you're planning to give us a little insight into your processing and show us the finished image, that will be fantastic!! Even just seeing the finished image will be a great opportunity to learn from you. Thanks for sharing this; I can't wait to go back!!

Alfred Forns
08-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Ron

If I come up with something will post before and after This is one of a series from the same place that I have been working for some time. My confusion is the the color balance but will make up my mind !!!

Gus Cobos
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Mr. Forns...the color balance is fine the way it is...love the feel to this..."if its not broke, don't fix it"...:eek::):cool:

Desmond Chan
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
I think the color balance is good, too. Awesome scene there !

Bob Miller
08-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I Like the scene as presented....wonderful image.....color balance looks fine to me....Would love to see what you do with it !