But they now make perfect sense

One day the aggressive pain
Became too much to bear alone

And soon the Whiffenpoof would
Be calling her to come back home

Then we were four little lambs
Who had lost our way
bah bah bah...

When we were kids our mother would sing the "Whiffenpoof Song" to us-It was her father's favorite song.
We lost our mother to cancer 14 years ago.
This is a painting of my mother as a child, which I never finished. I took a picture of it and added an Orton effect.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I really love the dedication Denise. And I do feel your pain. My mom left me seven years ago for the same reasons. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her. Your painting is beautiful and your words well chosen and there is so much warmth and tenderness within your poem. Thanks for sharing and please accept my sincere thoughts. :)

John Ippolito
08-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Denise, I am so moved, I don't know quite what to say...It is beautiful, touching, sad, and brought tears to my eyes. Your lovely unfinished painting is a perfect counterpart for these touching verses written deep from the heart. My thoughts are with you this evening.

denise ippolito
08-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Akos and John, Thankyou both very much for your kind thoughts. It seems as time goes on I miss her more.

Akos, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how devastating it is.

Lance Warley
08-13-2009, 07:08 AM
I would be amazed if there is one single person who can read this without having deep feelings stirred.

You have a lot of courage, Denise.

I think someday you'll finish the picture.

Julie Kenward
08-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Way to make me cry at work Denise...

I bet it would have made your mom very happy to see this. God bless her.

denise ippolito
08-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Lance and Julie, Thankyou both for all of your support. I appreciate it very much.
Lance, I hope someday to finish it. I can't just yet.

Dave Mills
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Denise,Your memories of your mother is something many of us can identify with and feel your words. I lost both parents within a 2 year period and know that sense of loss. I like your picture the way it is....

denise ippolito
08-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Dave, I know how hard it is to try to cope with the loss of one parent-I can't imagine your loss. Thankyou for your kind words.

Gus Cobos
08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I am so sorry Lady Denise...I know your pain, but Mom is in a better place...I lost mine back in 88, and will never forget...my deepest feeling for you, from the heart...

denise ippolito
08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Gus, I am so sorry for your loss as well. Thankyou for your kind words.