PDA

View Full Version : My Phalaenopsis

Charles Wesley
08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Here's a stacked image of a phalaenopsis ( moth orchid ).CombineZP was used. Sorry for not posting in a while. I've been in PT for my knee and learning to shoot/ edit video from my Canon 5D Mk 11.

Canon 5D Mk 11, Sigma 180 mm f/ 3.5 HSM macro lens and tripod with natural light. My exposure was 1 sec. @ f/ 14.0 and ISO 640.

Enjoy..

Julie Kenward
08-13-2009, 07:28 AM
I wondered where you had gone, Charles! Good to have you back...hope all is well with the knee.

Lovely moth orchid. I was in the Michigan botanical garden last week and they had several of these and I wished you were there to line me up for an image! You got great detail throughout in this one. I also love the quality of the light - it gives a beautiful glow to the flower.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Nice shoot, the colors are bright and bold, love how it's looking right at me, beautiful :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey Charles,
good luck with the knee! Glad to see one of your orchids again. I actually went out today to get a few. Only thing for me is a bit of room off bottom and some added to top (or not....as I like them tight!) Really nice glow.