PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned!

Ramesh Adkoli
08-12-2009, 03:47 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2123/3618388629_50f3e3f09c_o.jpg

I hope the title conveys it all. Appreciate your views and comments.

EXIF: D700, 24-70mm @ 70mm, 1/125s, f/9.5, ISO 200, hand held, early morning, full frame
PP: some curves and levels, BW conversion

I am not sure whether this image belongs in this forum. If not, moderators, please let me know. I will take it out.

regards,
ramesh

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I like this picture :) Something so dirty and broken can also be so beautiful. Love it in B&W also. Great job :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Ramesh,
I think this fits here.....as I can't think of another area to put it in. I think this would be more effective if the white line leading out of the sandal was minimized. Also tone down the whitish rock in the UL part of frame...placement of the sandal is excelent and the testures look good also. Probably a good choice for B&W conversion.

Julie Kenward
08-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Ramesh, what a neat image! I believe Roman's right about the whiter areas - I'd tone them down or clone them out since they compete with the sandal for attention. Also, if this were mine, I'd have placed the sandal a little more in the LRC and left plenty of room for it to "walk" into the BG.

Dave Mills
08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I would clean up the image as Roman suggested and might reduce the amount of space on the left somewhat.

Alfred Forns
08-12-2009, 09:36 PM
... image not showing?

Ramesh Adkoli
08-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks a lot, Kyle, Roman, Julie and Dave. Alfred, i can see that the image is showing. Could you please retry? Roman/Julie, will take care of those bright parts.

I was out at my native place (west coast of India) trying to take some landscape images of coconut plantations against the backdrop of western ghats. I kept blowing up the sky due to bright clouds (Roman, i didn't carry a GND filter then;-)). Out of sheer frustration, i started looking around for some other subjects. This was a result of that. I liked the image for its simplicity and angular light. You never know where our next opportunity for a good photograph lies, isn't it?

regards,
ramesh

Rich Ikerd
08-13-2009, 01:33 PM
A nice simple image that tells a story all on its own. Great imagination in looking for and seeing this.