PDA

View Full Version : Cayman Islands, Stingray City

Alfred Forns
08-11-2009, 11:20 PM
One of the most fun and popular dive spots in Grand Cayman Its on the North side of the Island in about twelve feet of water.

Fishermen used to anchor and clean their catch attracting the rays, then a dive boat operator took notice and set up a dive ... now its love at first sight. Those rays will be all over you and they do like to play ... for the most adventuresome divers hiding a fish under you lycra suit is in order !!!! Image made with a Nikon F3 and Aquatica housing with full frame fisheye lens !!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated !!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-12-2009, 01:03 AM
MAN! I always wanted to dive THERE!!! I used to buy Rodale's all the time and see images. Made me drool with envy. What a place. Did you use a split ND here? Or just got lucky? I mean the sky looks a little hot, but not as bad as I'd have thought. I never used that technique (split level images).

Alfred Forns
08-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi Akos I did have a ND filter like thing ... home made. Here was just luck and doing the best.

We did setup some fishing images of tailing bonefish that were some kind of neat and used the ND filter.

Gus Cobos
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Mr. Forns...this is one neat place, been there twice over the years...I love the capture and perspective...:cool: