Ted Scalzo
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Canon 50 D
16-35 2.8 II
f 16 1/50 ISO 200
Gitzo 1365 Markin Ballhead

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Beautiful pic, Love the colors, like how the top half is calm them the bottom half is flowing with water and rocks. I don't get bored with it. Great job :)

Ted Scalzo
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you.

Roman Kurywczak
08-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Ted,
This may have been a perfect spot for the use of the split ND.....lighten the FG for the sky exposure and bring it more into tonal harmony. I have to ask...what are the black/dark blobs on the horizon.....they seem out of place/odd. earlier light may have helped quite a bit....so just keep that in mind if you can get out there again.....this will also slow down the SS and give some more definition in the outflow water.

Julie Kenward
08-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Ted, nice overall composition. I feel like the FG and BG are way out of proportion as far as sunlight goes, though. I'd rather see the front area of water a bit lighter and the middle and back areas toned down a bit. As Roman said, an ND filter would have really helped here.

I opened up the front area and toned down the back area with a simple and quick s/h adjustment and then cropped just a bit from the bottom and right side to eliminate the partial rocks from jutting into the frame. It's just an "on the fly" redo but thought it might be worth a look...

Ted Scalzo
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I like the re do you did Jules and agree with Roman that aND filter would do the trick.
I appreciate all of your comments and will revisit the scene.