PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Cabbage

Erik Anderson
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I thought this was a nice looking blossom, so I took a picture of it intending to send a copy to my mother for her birthday. Luckily I found out it was a cabbage before I could mail it. Olympus E-1/ 50mm f.2 @ f,2, ISO 100,1/500, +.3 EV

Julie Kenward
08-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Erik, that's too funny! You're right...that IS a cabbage!

I think you did a very nice job on exposing for the whites of the cabbage but it left your background (BG) very dark and without much detail. I believe fill flash might have helped quite a bit in this case. I also would suggest putting the blossom more on the ROT's - composing the image so it was a little bit closer to the right side of the image and with a little more room on the left.

Two other things could also make the image stronger - grooming out the leaves before you took the photograph and getting in lower and tighter so we could really see the detail of the cabbage even more.

Looking forward to more!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Love the cabbage trying to look like a flower LOL I kinda like the dead leaves around the blooming cabbage, like Julie said maybe a fill lflash and a tighter crop, but great job:)