Rob Mckenzie
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
1/160 @ f/9.0
50mm, ISO 200
0ev
Spot Metering
Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: 50mm f/1.4

After an extremely long break I am back. Unfortunately the bird photography has slowed to halt. Fingers crossed now I am living on Vancouver Island there might be more opportunity to start hanging out with some avian friends once more.

As usual don't go easy, hit me with any and all CC you have.

Thank you in advance for the amazing advice I know will come my way. I am looking forward to looking around at all the crazy amounts of new members and their wonderful photography.

Harold Davis
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
rob, i am truly sorry. what am i looking at?

Dave Mills
08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi, It looks like channels in the sand leading out to the bay. You saw some nice leading lines that ran out to the waters edge. You divided the image well... roughly 2/3 sand, 1/3 water. I think whats lacking in the image is contrast since it appears flat to me...

Gus Cobos
08-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Rob,
I agree with Dave about boosting the contrast a tad...I like the leading lines out to the water...:cool:

Harold Davis
08-11-2009, 04:17 PM
ok, i see now. agree about the contrast boost. could add it needs a little CW rotation also.. my opinion....it's interesting with the lines flowing to the ocean, but i wished there was a more prevalent foreground object to anchor it more. or maybe more detail. the foreground looks like a furrowed field to me. or maybe i just want to see more!

i hope that's not too confusing. i'm not even sure i understand what i wrote...and btw, your avatar is freaking me out!!!!:eek::D

Bob Miller
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi Rob....I agree you need to boost the contrast on this image. I feel I also need more of a subject that all these lines lead to . Looking forward to your next one!

Jeff Cashdollar
08-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Rod,

The image needs more narrative. As the photographer there are times when you must tell us your vision, this is one of those times. Considering it is a mid tone image, why the spot meter?

In Vancouver there are many things to shot, why this, what caught your eye?

Alfred Forns
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Was wondering about the spot meter also?

One abstract image than can work, just need to work on local contrast and make it pop !!!

Jeff Cashdollar
08-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Rod,

I assume it is an abstract, where was it taken?