PDA

View Full Version : River around the tree

thijs broekkamp
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Near our little hotel in france, the river the yonne was floating there. Real nice place, i tried some pics with low shutterspeeds. What do you guy''s think about it?

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/DSC02913bwrktsrgb.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Thijs,
If you can, please post the specs (SS, F-stop, ISO, and if you used a polariser, etc) to help us evaluate a bit better.
I like very slow SS in most cases but in this instance it just accentuated the glare coming through the trees and that took away all definition in the water. I suspect you didn't use a polarising filter.....which may have tamed much of the glare. While I find the angle you chose interesting....using the FG tree as a base.....it does appear quite soft and lacking in the DOF department. You may be able to tone down the brightness of the far shore......but my gut feeling here is that this scene had way too much in the contrast range so the only way to capture it would have been an HDR......split ND's wouldn't have worked or you would have had to stack a whole bunch of them. For me there is just too much highlights and glare dominating the scene.

Rene Quenneville
08-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Nice water blur. I share Roman's point of vue. You could also remove some of the tree to the left to better balance the comp.