View Full Version : Nice Couple

garyyoss
02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Nikon D300
Nikkor 18-200VR
F/5.6
1/1000s

Taken at Wakododahatchee Wetlands
I know that I should have zoomed out a bit to get their tails in frame.
New to this game though getting better.
This was hand held. Legs and head on the way.

Fabs Forns
02-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Gary, It's very hard to judge an image with the size you posted. Please refer to my small tutorial in the Digital Workflow Forum. I can't even tell if it's sharp or hte whites OK at this size.

Judd Patterson
02-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey Gary, as Fabs mentions, we'd love to see this as a larger image! It looks like you captured a tender moment, although the exposure does seem a little off...overexposure....giving you hot whites in the heads. Also, do you think you could have worked the angle a bit to avoid the boardwalk in the background? Look forward to the full image when you can post it!

Peter Hawrylyshyn
02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
gary -
anyone who has been to Wako during the past couple of weeks, knows these two birds and their chick well
there's usually at least 3-5 photographers in the observation hut about 10 feet from the nest taking photo's - - reality is , with the board walk you can't really work the angle from that side fro a clean BG

if you watch the pro's , they're taking photo's from the other side (ie - on the boardwalk shown in your BG) to use the trees or sky as BG

to me, a fun photo that captures a memorable moment, to others - an example of what not to do with your BG at Wako

thanks for sharing - hope to see more posts as the chick matures