PDA

View Full Version : Valley Wetlands

Erik Anderson
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
A serene natural environment during duck hunting season, interrupted only occasionally by shotgun blasts. Olympus PanLeica 14-50 @ 50mm, 1/250, f8, ISO 400

Morkel Erasmus
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
like the pastel colours and serene mood in this. feel it needs a CCW rotation to straighten horizon. the sky is gorgeous and the reflections sweet.

Roman Kurywczak
08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Erik,
This does have nice soft pastels as Morkel mentioned and I also agree on the CCW rotation......You may want to also bring up a bit of the shadow area on the large mound of grasses on the left or my preference ....crop up from the bottom....eliminating the mound reflection entirely and using it as an anchor to balance the right part of the sky........the crop eliminates many of the weeds/grasses poking out of the water in the marsh yet highlights the sky and the rest of the scene. If possible....getting slightly higher.....to get a bit more seperation of the mound and the middle ground would have also helped....but I feel the crop helps lessen that quite a bit. Something to consider.

denise ippolito
08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi Erik, You do have some nice colors going on in there. I agree that the large mound of grass could be lightened. I would also agree a nice crop off the bottom would help focus your eye on that lovely sky.