PDA

View Full Version : Latest Addition at LCS

Mark Fuge
08-09-2009, 01:13 PM
We were at Lion Country Safari yesterday and when leaving we went past the Giraffe nursing pens. There were two young Giraffes in the pen with their mothers. This was the younger of the two that appeared to just be getting it's land legs. It was still a little uneasy moving around.

As soon as I stopped, to take the photo, both the mother and the baby looked at us and the mother never took her eyes off of us, while we watched the scene. There have been quite a few births this year, in a number of species areas. It's been to see them romping a few days after birth. :cool:

The image was modified with Poster Edge and Ink Outline filters. The effect eliminated the cyclone fence that I had to shoot through and gave a nice "Children's Room" image.

Hope you enjoy!

denise ippolito
08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Mark, This has a nice illustrated look to it and I like the colors and framing on this one.

Dave Mills
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Mark, I like the mother/child aspect and the effect applied. If this were mine I would eliminate the cloud areas on the top.

Cheryl Slechta
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Mark, What a great shot! I like the poster effect but agree with Dave about the clouds.:)

________
Cheryl