PDA

View Full Version : Slocum River, Darthmouth MA

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
This is my first photo stitch. I really love this view, would like to get up early and get the sun coming up. All C&C welcome and much appreciated.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2614/3803466669_b6b6dff753_o.jpg

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/200
Av 11.0
Evaluative Metering
ISO 200
EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Focal Length 70.0 mm

Roman Kurywczak
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi Kyle Marie,
You did a very nice seamless job of stitching but here the image is lacking any strong focal point for my eye to rest on. You may want to try this when the sky has a bit more clouds but I would also minimize the FG grasses and look for a sit of a stronger grounding base. The rocks???....on the near shore may provide that...so getting closer and exploring comps with them may be the way to go. I would also try and aboid placing the main FG trees centrally....as then they tend to draw the eye to the middle of the frame and make much of the other sides uninteresting. I do realize that the smaller size limitation does remove some of the impact on panos......but you need a bit more of a central focal point to carry the scene.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks Roman for all the points, Looking at it again I do get bored of it, I will try different things like you said and see if that helps. There are different areas I can take the shoot from, I will experiment.

Rene Quenneville
08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Zooming in could help reinforcing this beautiful rock wall. Applying a grad filter (up side down) colld also help to reduce the "grass" intensity and lead more tthe eye to the shore line.