PDA

View Full Version : The ruins of Hampi

Sabyasachi Patra
08-09-2009, 04:58 AM
I normally, don't like posting of buildings etc in the landscape section. However, posting this one as nature have taken over parts of the ruins.

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 28-135, ISO 200, f9, 1/200, EV: +1/3rd, full frame.

Look forward to your critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ken Watkins
08-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Well this brings back fond memories, I hate to admit it but I was there in 1971, before mass tourism.

It is a truly awe inspiring place.

Robert Amoruso
08-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Sabyasachi,

You did a nice job composing it. From the framing of the image, to the diagonal leading line of the walkway stones leading to the ruin, to the ruin not intersecting with the left side of the frame to the placement of the stone pile - well done.

Roman Kurywczak
08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,
You did very well placing us the viewers in the scene......nice job using the doorway as a framing element. I don't normally like grey skies....but it does feel appropriate here.....I just may select it out and add a bit of blacks in selective color....to add more depth....or even a multiplied layer in low opacity for the same purpose. Very nice job positioning all the other ruin elements in the frame. Well done.

Rich Ikerd
08-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Not much to add that Robert and Roman haven't already. I also like the use of the stone doorway to make the viewer feel as if he is part of the scene as well. A lower perspective might have kept the intimate look but eliminated more of the sky (which, while complementary to the scene doesn't have much character unfortunately). Thanks for sharing this place.

Morkel Erasmus
08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
great composition! feels like I'm there. ditto Roman on working some on the sky. great mood in this shot Sabya