PDA

View Full Version : Golf club in the winter

Desmond Chan
08-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Fujifilm S5 Tamron 17-50 f2.8 @38 hand-held. Manual exposure mode, no flash. ISO 400 f8 1/125s.

Taken last Christmas. Properly not as serious a landscape shot as you guys do, but still wonder what the experts think about it.

C&C appreciated !

Thanks for looking !

Robert Amoruso
08-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Desmond,

It is an interesting image and well composed. The tree locations and various colors flow nicely through the scene. The clouds have a nice look to them and just the right amount of soft subtle color to add to the scene w/o overpowering it. Only thing I would have liked to seen different is the placement of the two persons more at the left and the beginning of their trek through to open area.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Beautiful picture, The people just bother me because they just look like specks. The trees and sky are wonderful, I know it's cold there but when i look at this picture i feel warm. Great job :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Desmond,
Really nice job on the exposure. I felt like the above but I also felt that if you cropped from the bottom to more of a pano......and a small bit off the left.....the people would be in a better position in the frame and further emphasize the beautiful sky. Let me know what you think.
PS I have debated a more proportional crop and remove more on the left....but didn't want to lose any more of the wonderful sky.

Desmond Chan
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the comments!

I actually waited for the people to walk to where they're in the photo before I clicked the shutter button. Perhaps waited a bit too long. Anyhow, the main reason I included the persons - obviously also because they happened to be walking in the field and it was so cold that I wanted to get back inside - is to use them as a scale to show the height of the trees and the vastness of the scene.

Roman, one thing that a bit bothering is the empty space in the foreground of the original image (which is not cropped). Your crop takes care of that. Thanks for the repost!