PDA

View Full Version : Displaying common cranes

Krijn Trimbos
01-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi everyone,

What a beautiful new forum this is, congrats to everybody that have turned this into reality!

This is a shot from last spring in Sweden. On their spring migration they pass through this beautiful country in huge numbers, praciticing their display routine.

Thanks for watching,

Canon EOS 30D 1/800 f7.1
ISO 200
Canon 100-400 L IS USM
Focal Length 400mm
RAW

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Welcome to BPN, Krijn. Excellent behavior shot, angle and symmetry. I might crop a bit off the top. Please have a look at the posting guidelines. Images shouldn't exceed 750 pixels on the longest side (except pano shots).

Krijn Trimbos
01-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Sorry about that Axel....I will repost it with the right pixel size.....

Cheers,

Krijn

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Great behavior captured !!!! Love the symmetry Having the bird on the left raise the tail would have been incredible At full resolution must be an impressive image !!!!

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 08:42 AM
This photo is very balanced. Wonderful interaction going on and exposure looks very good. As Axel has mentioned, as per posting guideline 18 listed here: http://birdphotographers.net/forums/guidelines.aspx

Welcome to BPN and look forward to more of your posts!

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Krijn,

Big welcome, a treat to see you here, since I'm familiar with you work :)
They may be standing on a light slope, or does it need a bit of CCW rotation?

So glad you like our efforts. we plan in improving all the time :)

Krijn Trimbos
01-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi Fabs,

Thanks for the warm welcome....I checked the image in PS but there doesn't seem to be a tilt in this one.. Maybe it has to do with the positioning of the birds...:confused:

Cheers,

Krijn

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Fabs,

Thanks for the warm welcome....I checked the image in PS but there doesn't seem to be a tilt in this one.. Maybe it has to do with the positioning of the birds...:confused:

Cheers,

Krijn

Interesting, Fabs mentioned the 'tilt'. That was my initial impression, too. When I looked closer I came to the same conclusion as Krijn that it must be the poses of the birds.

Mark Wilson
01-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Great behaviour image Krijn! The pose of the middle two birds is great and I like the composition with the two on either side.

Glenn Bartley
01-02-2008, 12:37 PM
What a cool image. I love the composition and exciting pose of the middle two birds.

Welcome aboard!

Jasper Doest
01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Stunning shot buddy....I like the fact that the mirrored effect is not an exact mirror.....the slight difference in poses makes this one for me. It does need a bit of CW rotation though as they were standing on a slope. The way you've presented it now (with a straight horizon) looks quite unnatural looking at the angle of the legs.

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Great poses and nice low angle!!!