PDA

View Full Version : Camellia

Erik Anderson
08-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Taken this spring. Olympus E-1, 50mm, f2, 1/500, +.03 EV ISO100 Hit me with your best shot.

Alfred Forns
08-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Eric

Would take some from the left to keep off center, flower is facing right so would like having extra room. I like the idea of opening for controlling dof, in these cases I like bracketing apertures like Roman suggested recently, might like seeing a little more in focus from the right side of flower.

Good looking whites with great texture Very good image !!!

Mike Moats
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Agree with Alfred on cropping off the left placing the flower off and the flower head looking into the scene. As alfred mentions good job on the whites.

Julie Kenward
08-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Erik, the orientation of the flower was bugging me a bit - so I flipped it 90 degrees CCW and found I liked this better (totally a personal preference thing.) I also brought up the BG a bit with a shadow/highlight adjustment and evened out the BG with some slight cloning. I also brought down two slightly hot areas on the flower. Finally, I ran a round of noise reduction to take out the graininess that came up after the s/h adjustment.

Your image is more dramatic whereas mine is softer. I think in this case either works - I just wanted to show you another take on it.